Thanks to all our fabulous clients and staff, Amador Bilingual Voiceovers has grown so much! 2018 was our best year yet, and we would like to take a moment to reflect on some of the highlights.
1) 2018 “Best Commercial Demo” Award From The Society Of Voice Arts And Sciences
We were thrilled that Rosi won in the category of “Best Commercial Demo” from the Society of Voice Arts & Sciences! This is her first voiceover award since becoming a full time bilingual voiceover actor eight years ago. The SOVAS Awards are frequently referred to as the “Oscars” of voice acting. Click to hear the prize-winning bilingual political voiceover demo.
2) Yo Te Apoyo – Brian & Alisa on-camera
Usually when you hear us, you don’t see us. But this year Brian was cast in an on-camera spot for the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health, and Alisa got a non-speaking part as…wait for it…his daughter! We were fortunate this year to be able to lend our voices to many causes we believe in.
3) Alisa – Amazon Prime Spotify Ad
What can we say? We’re a wee bit proud of our little bundle of joy. In 2018, she
- graduated from Bates College
- got a lot of well-earned recognition for her beautiful music, including winning the first annual Rock the Hall talent competition at Tarrytown (NY) Music Hall
- kicked her voice over career up a notch, recording several high profile VO jobs, and getting on the rosters of some great agencies, including the Umberger Agency, DiSanti Talents, and TAG Talent.
4) One Heart – all three of our voices
It’s always a joy when we get to work together on a project, especially when we get to play using our character voices and overdubbing into our neutral Latin American Spanish. Here’s one the three of us did for The Hospitals of Providence. Yes, the voices are all us!
5) The Debut of the Revolutionary Accent-o-Meter!
2018 saw the launch of an idea that had been percolating for a long time – The Revolutionary Accent-o-Meter™!
Much of our work is in Hispanic-accented English, but we often found that our clients didn’t know exactly how much accent they wanted until they heard some examples. This little gadget allows them to hear our voices with varying levels of accent and choose what they’re looking for, saving a great deal of back-and-forth and streamlining the production process.
Best Wishes to You for 2019!
We hope that 2018 has brought you many successes and beautiful memories, and that 2019 brings you and yours even more! ¡Feliz año! Ojalá que el 2018 haya sido un buen año y que el 2019 traiga aún más felicidad y éxitos para usted y sus seres queridos.